THE BULLETIN BOARD
May 2013[May 1st]
Scholarships Available to PMAPWU Members
Patrick McShane Memorial Scholarship
- Type: Academic Scholarship
- Current graduating high school senior or college undergraduate whose parent or legal guardian is a current active member in PMAPWU
- A posting to all the station/branches and AO offices will be going out for the month of March.
- Deadline to apply is May 17, 2013.
- Contact PMAPWU at 412-321-4700 for more information and an application.
- Download a PDF application and mail it in.
Union Wins Huge Arbitration For Clerks in Small Offices
excerpted from APWU Web News Article 037-2013
The union won a major arbitration victory on March 29, when Arbitrator Shyam Das issued a long-awaited decision that will affect Clerk Craft jobs in small post offices. The ruling settles a long-simmering dispute about the amount of bargaining unit work postmasters and supervisors may perform in Level 18-and-below offices.
Arbitrator Das upheld the union's position, ruling that an agreement between the union and management sets absolute limits on the number of hours postmasters may perform bargaining unit work (BUW) in small offices.
President Guffey praised the ruling. "We want to thank the officers and members who supported the union through this protracted fight," he said. "Many union officers and staffers assisted in researching, preparing and presenting this case. They did an outstanding job."
"This award sets the table for our challenge to POStPlan, which was another full frontal attack on our union and especially on clerks in small offices," he said. A hearing on that dispute is scheduled before Arbitrator Stephen B. Goldberg on April 16 and 17.
Read the entire article on the APWU.org website
Use our Search function to look up further back-issues of the Bulletin Board.